Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jessica Simpson New Album News



Jessica Simpson will release her highly anticipated debut country album, "Do You Know", September 9, 2008 on Columbia Nashville. Produced by Brett James and John Shanks, Simpson co-wrote all but three of the tracks featured on the disc, including her current Top 25 hit single, “Come On Over.”

Simpson is certainly ready to come on over to country music. Recorded in Nashville, TN, this album gives listeners an inside look into the real Jessica Simpson. “Every single song is a piece of my heart … who I am,” comments Simpson. “I’m not what everybody thinks that I am. Believe it or not, I’m a simple country girl. I might buy expensive shoes,” she laughs, “But, I’m definitely a simple country girl and this album will hopefully give people a sense of who Jessica is again.”

Helping share Simpson’s story is none other than country legend Dolly Parton who lends her powerful vocals to the title track, “Do You Know.” Parton wrote this record just for Simpson. “It’s such a great song,” comments Simpson. “I’m so blessed to be able to sing with her on it … she is so much a part of me finding myself as an artist.”

Simpson will be giving country fans a preview of her new music as she hits the road this summer, playing select fairs and festivals.

No comments: